Saturday, March 21, 2015

The Woman, by pd Lyons as published in A New Ulster # 30


The Woman, by pd Lyons as published in A New Ulster # 30


DSC_1277


The Woman

I could not speak.
Maybe loved more gently
I could have.
Maybe if there was a moon
I could have.
But only sun –
a crazy glue
lips sealed
slays weds
impregnates
itself.

This is what I cannot say,
this is what they refuse to hear:
After death is pre-natal.
Through me,
everything is world.
Without me?
Conception is by eating,
birth by excretion.


http://issuu.com/amosgreig/docs/anu_issue_30

The International Women’s Day issue of A New Ulster one of Northern Ireland’s online Journals featuring the works of Marion Clarke, Helen Harrison, P D Lyons, Marie Lecrivain Judith Thurley and Mari Maxwell and many more

1 comment:

  1. thank you for taking the time to read & comment. cheers

    ReplyDelete