Friday, February 20, 2015

THE WIDOW’S SON, by pd lyons


DSC_8794

THE WIDOW’S SON
at the end of the world we came,
where what more could I do,
but leave you?
now that battles din,
finally in my head grows dim,
I walk alone by the sea,
each swirling drop of blood
reminding me to my own pain….
~
That I could do more I would,
for what would I be without you?
A man is nothing without loyalty,
~
That I could do more I would,
That I gave all I was able,
I was willing.
Know that even now,
for the sake of the Widow’s son,
I stand upon this isle shore.
~
After all is not death the common enemy?
thinking we can manipulate it,
we send it this way and that,
as if to serve our own ends,
when ultimately
that which plays us honour bound,
one against the other -
that is the final victor,
such is our glory.


 DSC_8676

2 comments:

  1. what powerful story, wow..............

    best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for taking the time to read and comment. cheers !

      Delete