Thursday, May 24, 2012

from Wanting To Be In The Old Tongue - by pd lyons


MAEVE’S LAMENT

Bound by chains of lowland vines,
Nourished only by the rain.
The red meat of my heart
Now chips and shards of stone
That even ravens cannot find.

I am most subtle now,
Unable to touch or to be touched,
Only smoky tendrils nimbly wrapped
Upon the memories of men;
A formless thing perceived by them
Only in their sleeping dreams.

Kept alive by hunger.
Eager to be embraced with flesh
And upon the bones of war - like men,
Answer with firm metal once again
The faithful ravens call.

Out of the west
Out of the west
Where is the storm that brings me breath
To let these lips of moss reveal
That charm which causes me to heal -

For when those birds recall my name,
Then will I be whole again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



 from Wanting To Be In The Old Tongue


Copyright © 2011 PD Lyons
All rights reserved.
:

ISBN-13: 978-1466272996
ISBN-10: 1466272996

pdlyonspoet@yahoo.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment